|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||BSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2023||10/01/2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|NOTE: Note that the BSU deadline is 2 WEEKS EARLIER than the posted KIIS deadline. Please ensure both your BSU application and KIIS application are complete by October 1.|
** Indicates rolling admission notification. Applicants will be notified of acceptance and be able to complete post-decision materials as admission decisions are made.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10007Prior Language Study Required:
|12 hours of college-level Spanish or the equivalent at time of departure||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Minimum GPA:
|Language Courses Offered:||Spanish||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10011Academic Subject:
KIIS Segovia, Spain Semester Program
This semester program takes place in Segovia, Spain (60 miles north of Madrid) each spring and provides an ideal setting for students to study Spanish language and culture. During the 13-week program, students take classes five days a week and participate in a number of group excursions, including visits to Madrid, Salamanca, Avila, and Toledo. Homestays greatly enrich the participants’ language skills and understanding of Spanish customs and traditions.
Please note: Students wishing to participate in the Segovia semester program must have at least 12 hours of college-level Spanish or the equivalent at time of participation.
Courses are taught in Spanish and are worth 3 credit hours. Students enroll in 5 courses from the following options:
- Experiencing Spanish Abroad: Exploring Dimensions of Contemporary Spain
- Spanish Civilization & Culture
- Literature & Culture of Spain
- Topics: Spanish Art
- Advanced Oral Spanish: Conversation & On-site Cultural Workshop
- Advanced Studies in Spanish: Writing Workshop
For information on how BSU study abroad transfer credit works for this program, visit the “Academic Credit” tab on the study abroad website. While it is not required, we strongly urge you to explore credit transfer approvals before financially committing to a program.
2022 Estimated Cost:
- $9,900 KIIS Program Fee
- $1,400 Estimated for Round Trip Airfare (KIIS group flights available)
- $350 BSU Study Abroad Fee
- $168 BSU Technology Fee
Scholarships & Savings
- Complete your KIIS application by the early bird deadline to automatically save $100 off your KIIS program fee.
- Remember to apply for KIIS scholarships by the posted deadlines
- Complete the common application for Ball State Study Abroad Scholarships by the posted deadline for additional scholarship consideration
- If you currently receive BSU scholarships and aid, print out a cost estimate sheet and meet with the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to see if/how your award(s) apply to this program
Important Note on Payments
We have a special direct billing arrangement with KIIS. You will only pay KIIS the $250 program deposit to KIIS. All other payments will be made to the BSU bursar via the eBill system in December.
In the event that you drop out or are cancelled from a KIIS program, the KIIS withdrawal date will dictate the remaining amount you owe. All withdrawals must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation policy and refund policies can be found on the KIIS website: https://www.kiis.org/students/finances/refund-withdrawal-policies/
How do I apply?
Step 1 – Click on "Apply Now" on this page
Step 2 – Begin the online application through BSU
Step 3 – As a part of the BSU application you will complete the KIIS program application found on their website www.kiis.org
Step 4 – Finish both the BSU and KIIS applications by the posted BSU deadline.
For questions please email: email@example.com