|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||BSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2023||10/01/2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|NOTE: Note that the BSU deadline is 2 WEEKS EARLIER than the posted KIIS deadline. Please ensure both your BSU application and KIIS application are complete by October 1.|
** Indicates rolling admission notification. Applicants will be notified of acceptance and be able to complete post-decision materials as admission decisions are made.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10007Prior Language Study Required:
|9 hours of college-level German or the equivalent by the start of the program||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Minimum GPA:
|Language Courses Offered:||German||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10011Academic Subject:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10015AACSB accreditation options available:
KIIS Regensburg, Germany Semester Program
The KIIS Germany Spring Semester Program in Regensburg provides an ideal setting for students to learn German language, culture, and history. The KIIS Germany Semester Program lasts nearly five months (March to July) and is fully integrated into the University of Regensburg’s academic and social life. KIIS Participants live in student dormitories, 1-2 students per room.
Please note that for this program students must have at least have 9 hours of prior college-level German and be of sophomore standing by the start of the program.
Students enroll in four courses for a total of 15 credit hours. All students enroll in:
- Experiencing German Abroad (6 credits)
- Advanced German Stylistics (3 credits)
- Two additional 3-credit classes from the menu found on the program website: https://www.kiis.org/programs/germany-spring-semester/
Course syllabi are available for download from the KIIS website above.
For information on how BSU study abroad transfer credit works for this program, visit the “Academic Credit” tab on the study abroad website. While it is not required, we strongly urge you to explore credit transfer approvals before financially committing to a program.
Spring 2022 Estimated Cost:
- $9,200 KIIS Program Fee
- $1200-1400 Estimated for Round Trip Airfare (KIIS group flights available)
- $350 BSU Study Abroad Fee
- $168 BSU Technology Fee
Scholarships & Savings
- Complete your KIIS application by the early bird deadline to automatically save $100 off your KIIS program fee.
- Remember to apply for KIIS scholarships by the posted deadlines
- Complete the common application for Ball State Study Abroad Scholarships by the posted deadline for additional scholarship consideration
- If you currently receive BSU scholarships and aid, print out a cost estimate sheet and meet with the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to see if/how your award(s) apply to this program
Important Note on Payments
We have a special direct billing arrangement with KIIS. You will only pay KIIS the $250 program deposit to KIIS. All other payments will be made to the BSU bursar via the eBill system in December. In the event that you drop out or are cancelled from a KIIS program, the KIIS withdrawal date will dictate the remaining amount you owe. All withdrawals must be done in writing to email@example.com. The cancellation policy and refund policies can be found on the KIIS website: https://www.kiis.org/students/finances/refund-withdrawal-policies/
How do I apply?
Step 1 – Click on "Apply Now" on this page
Step 2 – Begin the online application through BSU
Step 3 – As a part of the BSU application you will complete the KIIS program application found on their website www.kiis.org
Step 4 – Finish both the BSU and KIIS applications by the posted BSU deadline.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org